Reporting to the Founder and Director, the Communications and Media Assistant will manage the promotion and image of the gallery and gallery programs through print, digital, and marketing means. The position entails a variety of tasks, including the creation and development of print and online advertising, email marketing, web site management and content development, management of digital and print archives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• In house graphic designer and photo retoucher (printed matter includes: takeaway cards, brochures, holiday cards, menus, etc.)
• Distribute exhibition press releases and other communications materials as necessary
• Maintain website content for accuracy, updating exhibitions, fairs, and news section
• Create and distribute digital newsletters and gallery e-communications as necessary
• Coordinate photo shoots and maintain archive of all artwork and exhibition images
• Maintain a dynamic and timely social media presence on Instagram, Facebook, and
• Assist with planning and coordination of events including press previews and talks
• Assist with research and coordination of press requests
• Compile and update media lists of contacts
• Track press coverage, clip articles, and ensure that artist and gallery press archives are up-to-date.
• Compile and distribute press coverage to gallery and artist studios
Qualifications and Skills
• Degree in art history, graphic design, or related field
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, knowledge of ArtBase
• Solid understanding of social media tools and channels
• Impeccable attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills
• Capable of managing multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment
• Confident verbal communication skills & interpersonal skills
• Strong teamwork values
• Self motivated with a positive and professional approach
Please send us an email with the subject line indicating which position you’re applying to firstname.lastname@example.org please include a PDF of your resume and a cover letter highlighting your skills and qualifications for the position. Absolutely no phone calls, please.